Know how to appeal a decision about child tax benefits

If you disagree with a decision about your child tax benefits, there are steps you can take to appeal.

Usually, the first step is to contact the (CRA). You do this by talking to someone at the tax centre that handled your income tax return.

If this does not fix the problem, the next step is to “file an objection” with the CRA.

The deadline for doing this is one of the following, whichever comes later:

  • within one year of the deadline for filing last year's tax return
  • 90 days after the day that the CRA sent you a notice of assessment
Hide this website