4. Find out your rights if you need an interpreter or accommodation

If you need an interpreter, you can ask the court for one at any stage in the court process.

If you need an arrangement because of a disability,  speak with any staff member at court about what you need. For example, you may not be able to hear well. You can also contact the Accessibility Coordinator at the court where your case is being held.

More information on accessibility at Ontario's courts is available on the Ministry of the Attorney General’s website.

Also, if you speak French, you have the right to ask that your case take place in French.

Hide this website