My car was repaired, but still isn’t working. What does my warranty cover?
Ask the repair shop to fix the problem
Contact the repair shop and ask them to fix the problem.
Write your request down in a letter and keep a copy of it for yourself. You can use a sample letter or write your own.
Make sure your letter includes the following information:
- your name and address
- the date
- the name of the repair shop and their address
- the date you contacted them or authorized the repair
- the work you had done
- the price you paid
- the reasons why you disagree with the charges
- specific instructions about how you want to solve the problem. For example, ask for a refund, return, etc.
- the date by which you want a response from them (3 weeks is reasonable)
When you send you letter be sure to include:
- your evidence, like copies, not originals, of receipts, invoices, contracts, or other relevant documents
- your signature
Make sure you keep a copy of your letter and your registered mail receipt so that you have proof that the repair shop got it.
Keep your letter clear and short.