How do I get back to work after an injury?
Question & AnswerHow do I get back to work after an injury?
2. Co-operate with the WSIB and your employer
To co-operate with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) and your employer, you need to:
- keep in touch with your employer to discuss returning to work if you've been off work because of your injury
- co-operate with the WSIB and your employer when you're able to go back to work, either in your usual job or doing duties your employer is able to give you
- do what your doctor or other health professionals tell you that you need to do to get better
- go to medical appointments if the WSIB tells you that you need to go
- tell the WSIB about any changes to your abilities or when you'll be able to go back to work, within 10 days of the change
You'll work with your employer, your doctor, and sometimes special case workers at the WSIB to figure out what's best for you.
If you don't co-operate with the WSIB, they can reduce or take away your benefits.
Your employer also has a duty to co-operate during the Work Reintegration process. If you feel your employer is not co-operating you can report this to the WSIB.