Can a landlord reject me because I have a pet?
Question & AnswerCan a landlord reject me because I have a pet?
Try to get the landlord to change their mind
If the landlord is concerned that your pet will cause problems, you can show them that your pet will not be any trouble. You can:
- get references (for example, a letter from a previous landlord saying that your pet was not a nuisance in the past, or from a vet saying that you are a responsible owner)
- take pictures of your current place to show that your home is clean and undamaged
- explain to your landlord how you will take care of your pet (for example, that you have a dog walker for daily walks)
- prove that you have the proper licenses for your pet
- let the landlord meet your pet