Can I leave Ontario and still get ODSP?

1. Keep documents to prove when you were away

If you travel outside Ontario, the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) can ask you to prove the date you left Ontario and the date you came back.

Keep all documents and receipts that can help to show these dates.

For example, you might be able to use:

  • bus or train tickets
  • airline tickets and boarding passes
  • receipts that show when you arrived and when you left a campsite, hotel, or other place that you stayed

If ODSP asks you to prove your travel dates and you don't have any documents you can use, you can make a . A community legal clinic may be able to help you do this.

Away for 30 days or less

If you're gone for 30 days or less, you can continue to get . But ODSP might ask you to prove that you were not outside Ontario for any more than 30 days.

Hide this website