Can I leave Ontario and still get ODSP?
Question & AnswerCan I leave Ontario and still get ODSP?
3. Get help if you have a problem with ODSP
Get help from a community legal clinic if the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP):
- asks for documents you can’t get
- refuses to approve you being away from Ontario for more than 30 days
- says that you have an overpayment because you were away more than 30 days
- cuts off your or suspends it for a period of time
Appealing a decision
If ODSP says you have an or cuts off your income support, you may be able to appeal the decision.
Ask ODSP for the decision in writing right away.
To appeal, the first thing you have to do is write to the ODSP office that made the decision and ask for an .
After you have asked for an internal review, you can appeal to the .
The Tribunal isn’t part of ODSP. It has the power to make a different decision.