I used to be on OW and I need it again. What can I do?
Question & AnswerI used to be on OW and I need it again. What can I do?
2. Gather the information you need to show OW
Ontario Works (OW) needs to know that you qualify before they can give you .
So even if OW can start your application with information you gave them last time you applied, they may want you to give them more information.
The longer it's been since you last applied or last updated information with OW, the more new information they may want you to give them.
Telling OW about changes
You should be prepared to give OW updated information about changes in your life that could affect your eligibility for assistance.
For example, you have to tell OW about changes in:
- housing costs and what type of housing you live in, for example, whether you live in a place that you rent or own
And you have to tell OW if anyone has started or stopped living with you. OW uses this information to decide who is part of your household.
Documents you may need
OW can ask you for documents that prove the information you give them is true.
Examples of documents you might use are:
- your last income tax return or Notice of Assessment to show your income
- pay stubs to prove income from work
- receipts from your landlord to prove how much rent you pay
- bank statements to show things like how much you have in savings