4. Gather and send your documents

You don't have to send a lot of documents with your CPP application forms. For example, you don't have to provide your birth certificate, unless the CPP asks for it later.

If the CPP later asks you for supporting documents, it's best to send “certified true copies”. These are clear photocopies of the originals that have been certified or confirmed to be true copies of the originals. Professionals who can certify your true copies include:

  • a lawyer
  • a commissioner for oaths
  • a doctor or dentist
  • a teacher
  • a social worker
  • an accountant
  • a chief of a First Nations Band
  • a Service Canada employee

You may have to pay a fee for these services.

Hide this website