What happens at my Small Claims Court trial?

1. Set a date for trial

COVID 19 and trials

The court is rescheduling trials that got paused because of Covid-19. They are also scheduling new trials. But they are scheduling the cases that have been waiting the longest first. So it might take some time to get a trial date.

To get a trial scheduled, you must fill out and file Form 9B: Request to Clerk. Check off the box asking the clerk to schedule a trial.

Ask the court to set a date for a trial. To do this, complete a Request to Clerk form and file it with the court. The can give you this form.

Only ask for a trial date if you and the are sure you can't reach an agreement.

If you want help reaching an agreement, you can try , such as working with a mediator. The ADR Institute of Ontario has a service to help you find a mediator.

Hide this website