Can the court take money from someone’s bank account if I have a court order against them?

2. Find out if you need a Certificate of Judgment

You need a Certificate of Judgment if you're planning to get a order in a different city than where the claim was issued. For example, you may want to do this if the person who owes you money has moved.

What it means

The proves that the was ordered to pay you money or give back your property. File the Certificate of Judgment at the court where you're planning to get the garnishment order. You must pay a fee to do this.

Hide this website