What if I have to move out because of violence or abuse?

3. Fill out and sign the Form N15

Along with the Tenant's Statement or , you must also give your landlord a completed and signed Form N15 – Tenant’s Notice to End my Tenancy Because of Fear of Sexual or Domestic Violence and Abuse.

There is important information about the process on the Form N15. You should read it carefully before filling it out.

Other tenants in the unit

If there are other tenants in the rental unit, you might choose to tell some or all of them about your situation, or that you are planning to move out.

You should be careful to tell only people you trust. The law says your landlord must keep your information confidential but it doesn't say that your roommates or neighbours must.

There might be other tenants included in your or agreement who also want to move out when you do. If so, you can give them the option of signing the Form N15. These other tenants do not have to sign the Tenant's Statement or have a court .

Any tenants who don't sign the Form N15 can continue to live in the unit or they can all end the lease early by giving 60 days' together.

Hide this website