What rules do collection agencies have to follow and what are my rights?
Question & AnswerWhat rules do collection agencies have to follow and what are my rights?
3. Learn the rules a collection agency must follow when contacting you
After a sends you a written notice, they must wait until 6 days have passed before trying to contact you.
This means they can’t call, email, text, or send you anything about the debt until the 6 days have passed.
After the 6 days, they can contact you only at certain times:
- Mondays to Saturdays between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Sundays between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Number of contacts in a week
A collection agency can contact you only 3 times in a week, unless you say it’s okay for them to contact you more often.
If they send you a letter by regular mail, this does not count as one of the 3 times.
To figure out how many times in a week the collection agency contacted you, add up all of the following that happen over 7 days:
- voice mail messages
- phone conversations
It’s not a contact if they call and:
- you don’t answer, and
- they don’t leave a message.
The law also says that a collection agency can’t:
- contact you on a holiday
- threaten, intimidate, or harass you
- charge you any fees, except for any that you owe