How and when must I report a workplace injury or accident?

2. Get a Form 6

To file a claim, you must fill out a Worker's Report of Injury/Disease (Form 6) and send it to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).  You should do this even if your employer or doctor has already reported your injury or accident to the WSIB.

To file a form or document means giving it to the WSIB and following the rules about how to do this.

How to get a Form 6

You can:

If you can’t fill out a Form 6 right away

If you can't fill out the form right away, you can phone or write to the WSIB and give them information about your injury. This might make the process faster.

Make sure to include the following in your letter:

  • the name of your employer's company
  • your name, address, date of birth, and social insurance number
  • details about the job you were doing when you were hurt
  • details about how you were hurt
  • the names of anyone who saw you get hurt
  • a list of all the parts of your body that were hurt
Hide this website