2. Get a Form 6
Question & AnswerHow and when must I report a workplace injury or illness?
To a claim for benefits, you must report your injury or illness to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). You do this by filling out a Worker's Report of Injury/Disease (Form 6) and sending it to the WSIB.
You should file a claim even if your employer or doctor has already reported your injury or illness to the WSIB.
How to get a Form 6
Or you can fill out a Form 6 using the WSIB's online services. You must create an account to do this. If you're using your phone, you can use the WSIB app. Search for “WSIB” in Google Play or the App Store.
To file a claim, go to the WSIB website or use the app and sign into your account. Go to “My reports” and choose “submit a report”. Then choose “Injury or illness”.
If you cannot fill out a Form 6 right away
Make sure to tell them:
- the name of your employer's company
- your name, address, date of birth, and social insurance number
- details about the job you were doing when you were hurt
- details about how you were hurt
- the names of anyone who saw you get hurt
- a list of all the parts of your body that were hurt