How and when must I report a workplace injury or accident?
Question & AnswerHow and when must I report a workplace injury or accident?
2. Get a Form 6
To file a claim, you must fill out a Worker's Report of Injury/Disease (Form 6) and send it to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). You should do this even if your employer or doctor has already reported your injury or accident to the WSIB.
To file a form or document means giving it to the WSIB and following the rules about how to do this.
How to get a Form 6
- fill out a Form 6 online, using the e-Form 6 or
- get a copy of it from the WSIB website or
- call the WSIB and ask them to send you a copy
If you can't fill out a Form 6 right away
Make sure to include the following in your letter:
- the name of your employer's company
- your name, address, date of birth, and social insurance number
- details about the job you were doing when you were hurt
- details about how you were hurt
- the names of anyone who saw you get hurt
- a list of all the parts of your body that were hurt