How and when must I report a workplace injury or accident?

4. Get help to fill out a Form 6 and get your decision

Filling out the Worker's Report of Injury/Disease (Form 6) can be difficult. So you might want to get help.

You could ask a friend or family member or you might want to get legal help.

You can also contact the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) for help at 1-800-387-0750. TTY users can call 1-800-387-0050.

If you need help in a language other than English or French, you can call the WSIB at 1-800-465-5606.

And there's a place on Form 6 where you can say that it would be helpful to have a translator when you talk to WSIB staff.

Letting someone talk to the WSIB for you

You can also give permission to someone to talk to the WSIB for you. You can do this by writing to the WSIB. Include your name, the person's name, and that you authorize this person to talk to the WSIB on your behalf.

Hide this website