2. Check if you should make a human rights claim

If you think you have experienced by your employer, landlord, representative, or provider, speak with a lawyer about your situation as soon as possible. You can get free legal advice and information from the Human Rights Legal Support Centre. It does not matter how much money you make.

The Centre can help you figure out:

  • if your situation is discrimination
  • if there are things you or a lawyer can do to get
  • whether to make a claim with the of Ontario
  • what evidence might help you prove discrimination

The Centre can help you to apply to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario and sometimes they can support you at the .

You can use the Centre's online tool Can we help you? to see if you might be able to make a claim.

Hide this website