Can I get OW money while waiting for an OW appeal decision?
Question & AnswerCan I get OW money while waiting for an OW appeal decision?
1. Apply for interim assistance
You start an appeal to the (SBT) by completing the SBT’s Appeal Form.
Part 4 of the Appeal Form is an application for .
It asks for information like:
- the number of people in your household
- whether you're working, looking for work, or going to school
- whether you get money from work or anywhere else
Information about income
On the Appeal Form, you have to give details about that you or anyone in your household receives. You have to say:
- what type of income you get, for example, earnings from a job, other government benefits, or support payments
- how much you get
- when you last got this type of income
- how often you get it, for example, weekly or monthly
Information about assets
You have to give details about that belong to you or anyone in your household. You have to say:
- what kind of assets you have, for example, money in the bank or land and property other than your home
- how much each asset is worth
Information about expenses
You have to give details about how much you pay each month for living expenses. This includes how much you pay for:
- rent, room and board, or mortgage and property taxes
- utilities like heat, electricity, and water
You also have to say:
- whether you're late in paying money that you owe, for example, your rent or your hydro bill
- whether you've received an eviction notice or notice that an essential service, like electricity, will be cut off
You can also include any other information that you want the SBT to know about your financial situation. Include anything that shows you'll have a hard time financially if you don't get assistance while you wait for the SBT to decide about your appeal.