I disagree with a decision from OW. What can I do?
Question & AnswerI disagree with a decision from OW. What can I do?
4. Take steps if you missed the deadline
You have 30 days from when you get the Ontario Works (OW) decision to ask for an .
If you miss the deadline, ask for an internal review as soon as you can.
Explain why your request is late and ask for more time.
Explaining why you missed the deadline
If you can show that you have a good reason, you might still get an internal review.
Here are some examples of good reasons for missing the deadline:
- You were in the hospital or in jail.
- You contacted a lawyer or legal clinic and were waiting to get legal advice from them.
- You have problems with reading or writing.
- OW mailed its decision and it took longer than 3 days to reach you.