OW wants proof of something I can’t give them. What can I do?

5. Know what to do if you disagree with a decision

If Ontario Works (OW) refuses, reduces, or cuts off your assistance because you don't give them documents they ask for, you may be able to appeal that decision.

Ask OW for the decision in writing right away.

To appeal, the first thing you have to do is write to the OW office that made the decision and ask for an .

After you have asked for an internal review, you can appeal to the .

The Tribunal isn't part of OW. It has the power to make a different decision.

Getting help

Talk to a community legal clinic if you disagree with the OW decision. They may be able to help you appeal the decision.

Hide this website