4. Learn what to do if your application is refused

If Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) refuses your application for a (TRP), you may not be able to stay in Canada legally. IRCC will send your decision in writing. The letter will tell you the date when you must leave.

If this happens, it's important to get legal advice.

If you have strong reasons for why IRCC should not have refused your application, you may be able to challenge their decision in court. This is called a judicial review. There are timelines to start this process. So it's important to get legal advice.

Hide this website